Wednesday 20 May 2015

Wednesday Worktable - 20th May 2015 - Card Making

This is my contribution to WOYWW (What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday), over at JuliaDunnit's Blog. Each Wednesday, Julia invites fellow crafters and bloggers to show a photo or two of their worktables, and explain what they've been doing.

This is my desk this morning: 




It did start out very neat, but I've had a busy session of card-making - and it shows! 

It's been a long while since I made any cards. I rarely seem to have time now, although a few years ago, I made just about every card that our family sent.  However, Mister LizzieMade bought me a craft magazine on Monday, with a set of stamps included and I just had an itch to try a few cards for a change.  

The top tray of my bookbinding tool-kit is on the right there - useful for the craft knife, paper scissors, bone-folder and other bits & pieces.  


To the left are some kraft card blanks, plus a few nice pens that I keep handy.  There are some circle and scalloped-circle punches, lots of little ink pads, some glitter-glues and pearly paints, pva glue, a glue roller... 

And in the middle, the butterflies and a motto I stamped last night, ready for a new card, which you can see to the left of those butterflies.  

A tray-full of stamps - these are all my favourite cling-stamps (plus a nice wooden birthday stamp). 

I'm still fiddling with this one - I nearly always make it up as I go along and I'm not quite certain what elements will be on that piece of paper, ready to be a card. Perhaps tonight I will have time for another play. 


These are the three cards I have finished so far:

A butterfly meadow birthday card - made with some of the new stamps. 

A sewing-themed card.  It doesn't have a motto yet, as I'm not sure who/what it will be for.  I'm quite pleased with it though.  

"Let your Dreams take Flight" - a lovely wish for someone.  I think this will be a birthday card. 

* * *
That's my contribution to the WOYWW Story this week - thanks for reading.  

If you would like to see some posts about my recent book-binding, look here.  You'll find another link at the top of that post, to show the previous batch of journals etc. 

When you're finished here, why not pop over to Julia's Stamping Ground and see what else is going on in the crafting world? 

12 comments:

  1. I really like the selection of styles you've been working on this week. And while I love the butterflies, I really like the sewing theme card. So clever and perfect for a fabric fiend!!
    Hugs, LLJ 15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards! I am a sucker for butterflies and that one is my fav. My cards are always made up as I go along too :) Soojay 59#

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lizzie, what lovely cards. I like the use of the scalloped circle for the sun. I'm glad you had time to "play" this week. Thank you for your visit and happy WOYWW. ~ Laura #51

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at you being multi styled! wonderful to read that you had an itch to create and I hope the cards have out you in the mood for more.....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! Sometimes taking a break from somethings makes us enjoy it all the more when we return to it. Hope you will be able to find time to create more. Diane #27

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your visit earlier. I love those little butterfly stamps... which reminds me that I have a butterfly stamp somewhere in my stash... you inspire me to try and find it (and USE it!) Off to read your bookbinding-post now... Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #35

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how all your cards look completely different. My desk looks like that most of the time, I'm afraid. It started to creep onto the floor this week..definitely time for a tidy up

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun set of cards - I like sitting and just making it up as I go along too. How fun to have new stamps and a mag to inspire you and time to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! You really can't go wrong with a nice butterfly stamp!
    If you are making books (and it looks like you might be), I will have to visit more often :)
    RosA # 41

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lizzie,
    I love your cards - the sewing themed one is particularly lovely and I also love the little bird on the text background - really pretty. The butterflies are gorgeous and those colours are going to look great with the background paper. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier, and for your kind comments, I hope you have a great week,
    Diana #30

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for creating your cards again, they all look fantastic and I really like the sewing one. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 73

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that top card with its clever layering is just delightful! It's a whole eye-full of Spring :).

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...