Wednesday 31 March 2010

SI Lives!

Well, this morning has been busy, with a "top-up" visit to my osteopath and J's end of term awards assembly.   All the children get a certificate to recognise any special effort or achievements during the term. J. doesn't always agree with the school's opinions (as he said last term - "But I have worked very hard and done my best in Every Subject!). By the look of his face when he received his certificate today, there were several subjects on the list, so that's a cause for celebration.

Then I signed on to check my e-mails, while I ate my lunch.  There was an e-mail to say that This will hit the shelves in the shops today!

Photo courtesy of Shimelle

Like many others, I was so disappointed to learn that Scrapbook Inspirations were printing no more magazines after last December - not least because they were due to print a commission layout of mine in the March 2010 issue, which of course has not appeared.  They've hung onto the commission, with the intention of featuring it somewhere in the future, but I was still very sorry about it.

However, I answered a call for submissions, from Shimelle and was lucky to have one of my layouts selected for publication in their new Quarterly Book, Issue 1.  I'm quite excited, as this is now my first published layout (in a paper format anyway!).

We're allowed to put "sneaks" on our blogs, but not the whole layout just now....


So, a couple of "Sneaks" to pique your curiosity...

Go and buy yourself a copy of the book - it sounds fab! To find out more, take a look at Shimelle's blog post.

Have a good day!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Lizzie! That's wonderful. I remember when there were almost a dozen mags to choose from. So few now.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do like the look of that sneak! I need to get into town to see if I can pick up a copy of the real thing. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lizzie! That's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to getting hold of a copy now I'm home! Can't wait to see your whole layout :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...